This Blog is No Longer Active

I mean, I will post every once in a while. On holidays, for example. And I will still be on Skype and Twitter, so feel free to strike up a conversation with me. Ahem, I mean, please keep in touch. Please? But I will no longer be posting regularly on the Diary. You are still welcome to view the archives and comment.

I don't have the time to post or contribute anymore, nor a reason to do so. I don't enjoy this anymore. Thank you to everyone, thanks to my friends, thanks for all the feedback I've gotten over the years, thank you to every one that has supported me and thank you to everyone that has contributed to this community.

Virtual hugs and fist pumps to all of you, from meh!

Take care!

-The now almost nonexistent Jessica Fairyheart

Friday, February 3, 2012

It's a zombie!

So. I've been thinking about y'all a bit more than usual lately, and I just wish I could have more time to see what's happening with my old friends right now. (It doesn't help that I'm listening to Coldplay... :3)

Basically, I was just thinking about what I lost by leaving this community. It's really kind of related to something that happened to me recently IRL (look! A spiral-related acronym!). I spent so much time invested in this, and I really did enjoy it. But did that time pay off in the end? Not really. I didn't benefit from this, did I? This won't be present on my resume. Not gonna help me get into college or get a job.

But maybe I'm overthinking it.

This is going to continue to be a lighthearted post.

I actually kind of wanted to say something about my age. The people closest to me on Skype and stuff probably already know this, but the truth is...

I just got into middle school this year. I turned 12 a month ago. (Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, you jerks.)

Yeah. Which means I was in third grade when I started this blog. Thus the immaturity overwhelms.

I've been spending my free time (very sparse now) reading chick lit, watching a tiny bit of anime, and browsing around on deviantART and Sparknotes. I talk every weekend with Don don, mostly about SWEROP and me complaining. What have I been doing? Homework (a lot of it), swimming (though not as much now), and I've taken up a new instrument and stuff (after that failed attempt at piano...) It's going pretty well.

What really surprises me is that even though this was a huge part of my life previously, I've moved on. And willingly. I'm focusing on more important things now, like academics. W101 was really quite frivolous in the first place, and I'm actually glad that I left this early. I wouldn't have wanted to do this for another few years until I got to high school, then realized, "What am I doing?" Not that I didn't like it. It just wasn't of much benefit to me in the long run.

Sorry for another post without a purpose. Didn't learn much, did'ya? I'm paying more attention to frivolity these days.

Lesson for the day: This is a great hobby, but if this makes up a large fraction of your day, back off.

UGH I'M SO DARNED CHEESY NOWADAYS.

BAI

Take care!

No comments:

Followers